November – December 2023
Advent Series: "Arrival"
We are so excited about kicking off our very first Advent series this Sunday, November 26. It’s called, “Arrival” because that’s basically what the word “Advent” means. Usually when we think of Advent we think of a 25-day celebration of Jesus’ birth – His “Arrival” – which is true! However, during this series, we are going to explore the 3 Arrivals: Jesus’ Birth, the giving of the Holy Spirit, and the 2nd coming of Christ.
We like to say it this way:
- When Jesus was born, He became “God WITH” (“Emmanuel” from Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23)
- When the Holy Spirit was given to humanity on the Day of Pentecost, He became God IN us (Acts 1:8)
- When Jesus returns to Earth, He becomes the Mighty Warrior King and God FOR us (Rev. 1:7)
Each of these 3 “Arrivals” can have a tremendous impact on our lives today! They give us hope, bring us peace, strengthen us with joy, and inspire us to love. Those four themes: hope, peace, joy, and love are what the Advent (Arrival) season is all about.
Below is a 30-day Advent series Bible Reading Plan we have prepared for you that we hope you and your family participate in with us this season. Each day has a Scripture that relates to either the birth of Christ, the Holy Spirit in our lives, and/or the 2nd coming of Christ. Each Friday, night, we encourage you to gather with family and friends and light one candle for the theme that week. We believe that as you dive into God’s Word throughout this holiday season, you will discover the true joy that Jesus brings into our lives and be inspired to share with your family and friends what this season is really all about.
“Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty, Who was, and is, and is to come!”- Revelation 4:8
Week 1 Theme: HOPE
11/26 – 12/2 – The 3 Arrivals Give Me HOPE
- SUN 11/26 - Isaiah 7:14
- MON 11/27 - Mark 1:8
- TUES 11/28 - Rev. 4:8
- WED 11/29 - Matt. 1:22-23
- THUR 11/30 - Matt. 3:11
- FRI 12/1 - Rev. 1:7-8, Light the candle for HOPE tonight.
- SAT 12/2 - Rest & Reflect: How do the "3 Arrivals" give me HOPE for today?
Week 2 Theme: PEACE
12/3-12/9 – The 3 Arrivals Bring Me PEACE
- SUN 12/3 - Is. 53:4-6
- MON 12/4 - Eph. 2:13-14
- TUES 12/5 - Rev. 1:4
- WED 12/6 - Is. 9:6
- THUR 12/7 - John 14:25-27
- FRI 12/8 - Rev. 21:3-5, Light the candle for PEACE tonight.
- SAT 12/9 - Rest & Reflect: How do the "3 Arrivals" give me PEACE for today?
Week 3 Theme: JOY
12/10-12/16 - The 3 Arrivals Strengthen Me with JOY
- SUN 12/10 - Luke 2:10
- MON 12/11 - Gal. 5:22-23
- TUES 12/12 - Psalm 30:4-5
- WED 12/13 - Neh. 8:9-12
- THUR 12/14 - 1 Peter 1:8
- FRI 12/15 - John 16:22-24, Light the candle for JOY tonight.
- SAT 12/16 - Rest & Reflect: How do the "3 Arrivals" strengthen me with JOY today?
Week 4 Theme: LOVE
12/17-12/23 - The 3 Arrivals Inspire Me with LOVE (for God and Others)
- SUN 12/17 - 1 John 4:7-10
- MON 12/18 - John 3:16
- TUES 12/19 - Eph. 2:5-8
- WED 12/20 - John 13:34-35
- THUR 12/21 - 1 John 3:23-24
- FRI 12/22 - Jude 20-25, Light the candle for LOVE tonight.
- SAT 12/23 - Rest & Reflect: How do the "3 Arrivals" inspire me to LOVE God and others today?
Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
12/24-12/25 - Follow the STAR! The Bright Morning Star Brings Comfort, Clarity & Confidence!
- SUN 12/24 - Rev. 22:16
- MON 12/25 - Matt. 1:18, Matt. 2:12